“Mr. Wiley” has lots of squiggly songs by talented writers such as Tom Hunter, Dave Kinnoin, and Joanne Hammil and original songs by Wiley, which help engage the children instantly in a variety of energy levels. Add to that some creative traditional songs and some of our very fun originals, and you’ve got a very fun show!
Singing! Singing! – a great CD by Wiley Rankin!
Click here for activities to try along with the tracks
The CD is now available at CD Baby, where you can hear clips of each song before you order. Read all about it in our next email newsletter! To sign up for our email newsletter, click here.
- Pop Goes the Weasel Rock by Sammel, Rankin, and Rood
- Everybody Started Out Small by Stuart Stotts
- Zydeco by Johnnette Downing
- You Are You by Kevin Roth
- Clean Air by Wiley Rankin
- Join In! Have Fun! by Wiley Rankin
- Circle the Earth by Joanne Hammil
- I’m a Flower by Dave Kinnoin
- Now’s the Time to Go to Sleep by Tom Hunter
Email your Song Activity ideas to email@example.com
Track 1 – Singing! Singing*
Try the following activities for customizing the sheet music:
- Question: What are some things that are more fun and easier when we do them together?
- Language awareness: Sing each body part in a different language.”If we stomp our fee…”
“Let’s tap our toes…”
- Make rhymes with all the children’s names
An easy way to include any child’s name in this song: Use this phrase:
Let’s clap again… for (child’s name) our friend
play a game where you find a rhyme for each child’s name.
- Associate movements with those of animals, and add new phrases:”When I flap my wings, I really fly”
“When I wag my tail, I really bark”
- Science exercise: name the bones and talk about how they work “all together,” and how the muscles work with each other.
- Have a real physical version of the song –
Jumping stomping, all together!
* Feel free to use Track 13 (Instrumental version of Singing!Singing! and make up your own verses!