- Performed six times with legendary guitarist Les Paul
- Performed with the legendary Yardbirds at Slim’s in San Francisco
- Performed at Carnegie Hall, under the musical direction of esteemed drummer David Meade, percussionist for Aretha Frankin, Joe Williams, and the Mommas and Poppas
- Featured on ABC7 (San Francisco television network) in an excerpt from a concert at Lucile Packard (formerly Stanford) Children’s Hospital. Includes interview. In conjunction with 25 th anniversary of the deeply regarded “Bread and Roses” of Northern California
- Performed in London, and at US venues, including the Concord Pavilion and Flint Center for the Performing Arts. Performed with members of the San Jose Symphony, and (in rock industry) Wiley has performed with Hershel Yatovitz (lead guitarist for Chris Isaak). He performed and recorded in London with Peter Giles, the original bass player from King Crimson
- Recorded on a BAMMY-nominated recording with Comedian Dr. Gonzo and Orchestra Leader Dick Bright
- Performed on the Disney Channel (Linkletter Productions) with original composition (featured as a songwriter’s showcase)
- Performed at nationally-known children’s music venues: Brooklyn Children’s Museum and the Jamaica Art Center
- Performed on alto sax, tenor sax, soprano sax, flute, and piccolo in dance orchestras and other ensembles
- Produced, composed, and arranged music for American Youth Foundation album recording project
- Classical flute performance and recording (Ravel’s Sherherazade) with soprano Susan Stokes, of the Chicago Opera Theatre
- Instructor for West Valley College (1988 to present): Classroom and offsite locations
- Professors Conferences: Instrumental and vocal ensembles, plus composition, at annual conferences at Arizona State University (since 1993). Center for Learning and Teaching Excellence: Wakonse
- Arranged and led music ensembles at National Leadership Conferences for the American Youth Foundation (ages 16-21). 1984-1992
- Taught and arranged vocal and instrumental music at workshops sponsored by after school programs (grade levels K-7)
- Conducted workshops for the Palo Alto Parents andProfessionals for the Arts (grade levels K-7)
- Taught instrumental and vocal music (guitar, composition, choral, harmonica) at several workshops sponsored by the Arts Council of Santa Clara County
- Developed interactive music shows for preschools, interdisciplinary assemblies for grades K-8, appeared at more than 1000 school performances in US and England, performing on several instruments
- B.A., Classical flute performance, with distinction, San Jose State University
- Studied flute and piccolo with Isabelle Chapuis for five years. University/college work also included alto saxophone, voice, keyboard, guitar
- Music major at Stanford University. Studied flute with Lloyd Gowen, studied voice under the direction of Marie Gibson
- Lifetime California teaching credential in Older Adult Education
Deborah Rankin Bio
Vocal Range: Soprano, Alto, High Tenor
Performances and Composition with Jump for Joy Music since 1997.
Les Paul at the Iridium Club, Broadway Blvd., New York City in 2004 & 2007.
Venues: Children’s Discovery Museum, MD Anderson Children’s Hospital, Stanford Hospital Atrium, Gilroy Garlic Festivals, Los Altos Art & Wine Festivals, Los Banos Tomato Festivals, Linden Tree Bookstore, Bread & Roses, Daly City-Colma Chamber of Commerce, Alameda County Foster Parents Association, plus numerous schools, multi-generational events, choirs, and 3 and 4 part ensembles.
Gospel Ensemble (Praise Team) at Abundant Life Christian Fellowship since 2007
BA – EDUCATION (Secondary Education – English) from University of Missouri, Columbia.
Lifetime teaching degree for grades 7-12 English. Minor- Journalism.
Studies at Drake University and University of Reading (Reading, England)
Studied piano 10 years.
Aside from her musical talents, Deborah is a gifted visual artist, concentrating mainly on pen and ink drawings and calligraphy.