“Mr. Wiley” has lots of squiggly songs by talented writers such as Tom Hunter, Dave Kinnoin, and Joanne Hammil and original songs by Wiley, which help engage the children instantly in a variety of energy levels. Add to that some creative traditional songs and some of our very fun originals, and you’ve got a very fun show!
Singing! Singing! – a great CD by Wiley Rankin!
Click here for activities to try along with the tracks
- Pop Goes the Weasel Rock by Sammel, Rankin, and Rood
- Everybody Started Out Small by Stuart Stotts
- Zydeco by Johnnette Downing
- You Are You by Kevin Roth
- Clean Air by Wiley Rankin
- Join In! Have Fun! by Wiley Rankin
- Circle the Earth by Joanne Hammil
- I’m a Flower by Dave Kinnoin
- Now’s the Time to Go to Sleep by Tom Hunter
Email your Song Activity ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Track 1 – Singing! Singing*
Try the following activities for customizing the sheet music:
- Question: What are some things that are more fun and easier when we do them together?
- Language awareness: Sing each body part in a different language.”If we stomp our fee…”
“Let’s tap our toes…”
- Make rhymes with all the children’s names
An easy way to include any child’s name in this song: Use this phrase:
Let’s clap again… for (child’s name) our friend
play a game where you find a rhyme for each child’s name.
- Associate movements with those of animals, and add new phrases:”When I flap my wings, I really fly”
“When I wag my tail, I really bark”
- Science exercise: name the bones and talk about how they work “all together,” and how the muscles work with each other.
- Have a real physical version of the song –
Jumping stomping, all together!
* Feel free to use Track 13 (Instrumental version of Singing!Singing! and make up your own verses!